Our expertise in repatriation services
Our funeral directors and repatriation experts have many years’ experience in assisting families that find themselves in this difficult situation. We have an extensive network of trusted partners domestically and abroad that we can rely on, as well as long standing relationships with various transportation companies with expertise in this area.
We work closely with insurance companies and international repatriation specialists and are familiar with both local and foreign requirements and laws. Each country has their own specific requirements in order to repatriate human remains. It is important that all work is carried out by a reputable company, this is both to ensure that the deceased is cared for in a dignified manner, as well as the proper handling of all documents and formalities.
Our repatriation team is fluent in several languages and work with foreign embassies and consulates on a daily basis.
You can be certain that by putting your trust in us, we will coordinate and carry out our efforts in a professional and dignified manner.
We can assist with the following
- Confirm the current location of the deceased.
- Provide the family with a full overview of costs before any decisions need to be made.
- Coordinate the transfer of the deceased from location of death to funeral home/mortuary.
- Arrange for the cremation or repatriation of mortal remains to Norway or another country.
- Ensure that the death has been reported to the relevant authorities abroad and in Norway.
- Translation and legalizing of documents.
- Arrange all customs formalities at the airport of arrival.
- Handling and transportation of personal effects.
- Assist with viewing the deceased on arrival.
- Funeral arrangements.